Let's talk about hemp
In our local health food store they have just started selling hemp milk which caught me by surprise. It made me realise that all of a sudden I am seeing hemp food’s everywhere now. It used to be that you could only find it in specialist stores or track it down online, but it seems that health-aware people have cottoned onto how good hemp is for you!
So in case you didn’t know already, here’s the low-down on hemp, including some of our favourite hemp foods and how best to use them…
Why is Hemp good for you?
– Hemp contains all twenty amino acids.
– It’s full of simple proteins that fend off toxins and strengthen immunity.
– Hemp is a perfect three to one ratio of Omega-6 and Omega-3 fats.
– Considered easily digestible.
– A rich source of essential fatty acids, as well as containing vitamin E.
– Good source of phytonutrients – the disease-protective element of plants.
You can easily start introducing hemp foods products into your daily meals by using simple products like hemp seeds and hemp oil. As part of a balanced diet you can be sure that it is doing you some good.
– Have a slightly nutty taste; almost sweet
– Are great to snack on or add to your favourite salads, soups, or musueli
– Add a small sprinkling to one dish a day!
-Again has a nutty flavour
– Perfect for salad dressing
– Is better cold (if you heat it up it will lose the essential fatty acids)
– Take a teaspoon a day!
Here at Braintree, we love the Good Hemp Food products and always have a bottle of ‘Good Oil‘ on the go at home, but you can find hemp food products in a lot of health food stores now, so don’t be afraid to try out some new ways to use hemp as part of your diet!