DIY Fairtrade Banana Face Mask
Rich in vitamin A, magnesium and potassium, bananas are a hydrating and moisturising natural skin care ingredient to cure dry, tired or sunburnt skin.
This DIY natural banana face mask recipe can help keep skin super soft and is the perfect homemade beauty treatment for those suffering from dry skin this summer.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED…
1 ripe Fairtrade banana
2 tbsp of Fairtrade honey
1 free-range egg
Bananas – Rich in Vitamin E which helps slow aging and antioxidants, such as vitamin A, B and C, that fight off free radicals which contribute to wrinkles. Bananas also contain magnesium, potassium and folic acid which provide a good hydration.
Egg – Aside from numerous health benefits (high in potassium, iron, and protein), eggs are nature’s skin tightening remedy.
Honey – A miracle ingredient for moisturising dehydrated skin. Also has antibacterial and antiseptic properties.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR BANANA FACE MASK…
(Makes enough mixture for two people)
1. Mash it. In a clean bowl, mash the banana with a fork, add the egg, honey, and mix together.
2. Prepare it. Prep your face by washing thoroughly and making sure all your makeup is removed.
3. Apply it. Spread the face mask mixture all over your face, put your feet up and relax for 15 minutes.
4. Rinse it. After the time is up, rinse off the mask with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
… And there you have it!
1. Use Fairtrade ingredients wherever possible.
2. Pick a ripe banana so that it’s easier to mash it with a fork.
3. Try facial steaming or an exfoliating scrub beforehand to get the most out of your face mask.
Pssst! If you’re not DIY-savvy, this award-winning organic Face Moisturiser by Skin Blossom works wonders and is very travel-friendly.
Comment below to let us know how you get on!