Under the stars: Win a glamping break
If you haven’t organised a break or holiday this year, read on as we’re giving a really special one away.
We’ve been talking with Tom of Canopy & Stars who is part of a team that hunts down extra special places to stay in the great outdoors. One of these is Under the Oak, a beautiful railway wagon nestled in the Powys countryside and surrounded by breath-taking views.
Together with Canopy & Stars, we’re giving you the chance to win a short stay at Under the Oak. All you need to do is enter the competition below – good luck!
For more summer break inspiration, read on to discover Tom’s top 10 imaginative places to unwind.
This off-grid wagon uses solar and wind to light up the Nordic and Scottish inspired interiors. For the eponymous stargazers, there’s even a telescope to take advantage of the dramatically clear skies.
From the plumbed in tree shower to the green woodworking courses, there’s much to fall in love with at this wooded wonderland.
A nautical-themed adventure awaits aboard this beautifully restored houseboat. Portholes and exposed beams remain, whilst a wood-fired hot tub has been added outside.
A fascinating and oh-so-romantic step back in time. The big open hearth creates an untellable atmosphere which lends itself so brilliantly to romancing, storytelling, chattering, celebrating, toasting and roasting.
A former fire service truck turned into a cosy living space. Settled on the Inshriach estate, near Aviemore, The Beermoth is just one of owner Walter’s many projects; look out for the horsebox sauna, the chicken shed turned gin distillery and the tardis-like yurt.
Treetops Treehouse is quite literally a whole house in a tree. Designed around a massive 250-year-old oak tree, it’s perfect for romantic getaways as well as dream escapes for the kids.
A secluded cabin tucked into a peaceful Devonshire valley. Spot wildlife from the veranda, find the handmade tree house and even wild swim in the river.
This secluded cabin in Carthmarthenshire, Wales, is wonderful place to relax and just slow down. The hills and the skies here never disappoint.
This loving restoration has turned the well-worked ’60s vehicle into a cosy bolthole. There’s a fire pit for outdoor cooking and the bathroom hut just a few steps away contains a roll-top bath where you can have a soak with a view.
A tin tabernacle with style shown in every nook and cranny. Curious tassels, trinkets and talismans make every turn a special adventure.
Have you discovered somewhere just as special? We’d love to hear all about it so let us know in the comments below!
Win a glamping break
Sawday’s Canopy & Stars is a one-of-a-kind collection of cabins, shepherd’s huts, Gypsy caravans and of course clever restorations like the train carriage at Under the Oak. The guys there spend their time seeking out and selecting quirky and unusual places to stay, perfect for anything from a romantic special occasion to an adventurous group or family holiday. Every place has something special about it, whether its stunning views, amazing design or, like Under the Oak, an outdoor kitchen! To find out more about their glamping holidays visit Canopy & Stars.
Win a 3-night weekend or 4-night midweek break for two at Under the Oak in Powys.
*This competition is now closed*
Terms & Conditions:
• Entrants will automatically be opted in to receive news and updates from Braintree.
• Prize draw closes at midnight on 30/6/2015.
• The prize draw will take place within 48 hours of the closing date, where under independent supervision the winner will be drawn at random. The winner will be notified by email within 14 days of closing date. If the Promoter is not able to get in contact with the winner by 15/7/2015, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be drawn. It is the winner’s responsibility to notify the Promoter of any change in contact information.
• Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. No cash alternative will be offered and the prize is non-transferable. Entry is limited to one per person. No purchase is necessary for entry.
• The prize draw is to win a 3-night weekend or 4-night midweek break at Under the Oak. The stay is available from 1/9/2015 to 31/12/2015, and subject to availability (excluding half-term(s), bank holidays and Christmas). If the winner already has a booking at Under the Oak the prize can be claimed against this booking.
• The stay is on a self-catering basis and travel is not included. The stay is subject to availability and must be booked by 17/08/2015. If the holiday is not booked by this point or the holiday itself not taken before the dates outlined above, the prize will be withdrawn. Once confirmed, the booking is final and cannot be amended.
• The winner may not use the prize in conjunction with any other offer, promotion or prize draw.
• The prize is subject to availability and the Promoter reserves the right to change the prize to an alternative destination of similar value without notice if circumstances beyond their control require it to do so.
• The promoter: Braintree, Westgate House, 149 Roman Way, London N7 8XH, UK