Made with thought: 3 steps to summer-ready feet
With summer just around the corner, now is the perfect time to prep your feet for open-toe shoes. Why not try my super easy and inexpensive trio of organic remedies? You can make them at home with natural ingredients. So here goes: my three easy steps to sandal-ready feet…
Step 1 / Soak
Lavender & Lemon Himalayan Bath Salt
First, you need to prep those feet. The best way to soften them is to soak them in warm water with something acidic – which is why this salt scrub with lemon juice is perfect for the job as it’s completely natural.
Either sit on the edge of your bathtub or unwind and take a long bath and enjoy the calming, relaxing scent.
Step 2 / Scrub
Coconut, Lime & Sea Salt Foot Scrub
Once your feet are nice and soft, go to town on them with a simple salt scrub, working hard on the heels.
This all-natural DIY foot scrub will help remove dead skin, soothe tired soles and soften your feet; as well as leaving them smelling wonderfully fresh.
Step 3 / Moisturise
DIY Peppermint Foot Lotion
I love this peppermint-infused lotion for its natural oils and soothing scent. It’s so easy to make and really refreshes tired feet. Here’s how to make your own…
15-20 drops of peppermint essential oil
6tbsp Shea butter
3tbsp Coconut oil
2tbsp Olive oil
2. Add the shea butter and coconut oil. Simmer until melted, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from the heat. Add the olive oil and essential oil.
4. To make the cream-like consistency, allow the mixture to cool at room temperature – or in the fridge if you’ve less time.
5. Add the cream into a mixer or blender and whip for up to 5 minutes.
6. Store in a container of your choice at room temperature for up to 3 months.
Try this DIY peppermint foot lotion at the end of a long day, right before bed. For an extra nourishing treat, pop on a pair of our cosy bamboo socks after moisturising.
I hope you have fun pampering your feet! Do this beauty routine once a week and you’ll have pretty feet all summer long.