These vegan bliss balls are so simple to make and yet are so delicious and good for you. Packed with skin-loving omega 3 from walnuts and flaxseed, flavoured with raw cacao and sweetened naturally with dates, so they count towards one of your 5-a-day too! They’re also a good source of protein and full of energy-providing goodness.
Flaxseed is one of those things that can be a rather strange flavour by itself but when paired with other flavours, it can be delicious. It has a natural nuttiness, which is brought out by the walnuts and pairs beautifully with the cacao. So don’t fear the flaxseed in these bliss balls – I promise they taste amazing!
If you love the combination of chocolate and walnuts, then these will be your new favourite snack. I found them so incredibly addictive that I had to give half the batch to my neighbours, to prevent me eating them all in one sitting.
Chocolate Delights: Aimee’s Omega Vegan Bliss Balls
These delicious nutty, chocolatey treats are packed with omega 3 and are the perfect snack for an energy boost.
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- 125g (1 cup) walnut pieces
- 6 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp flaxseed powder
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- (optional) 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blitz until the mixture balls together into a dough.
2. Roll into small balls and chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
3. (optional) Roll the balls in some extra cacao powder and flaxseed for a nutty-chocolatey coating and extra nutritional goodness!
Will you be trying Aimee’s Vegan Bliss Balls? Let us know how it goes in the comments below or tweet us!
You might also love reading our five tried-and-tested baking recipes for Fairtrade Fortnight 2017.