Make Something Divine: Harriet's Divine Chocolate Recipe
Here at Thought, it’s a rare occasion that we bypass the opportunity to bake. Especially when it involves chocolate. So when our friends at Divine Chocolate, asked us to take part in their #MakeSomethingDivine campaign, we of course jumped at the chance. And this time, we had some great competition. From mint chocolate cheesecakes to chilli chocolate pots, truffles to brownies, there was a truly mouthwatering array of chocolatey treats. But it was Harriet’s Pistachio Raspberry & Chocolate Cheesecake that won everyone’s vote. So, since it was so delicious, we decided to share this Divine chocolate recipe with you. Enjoy!
Make Something Divine: Harriet’s Divine Chocolate Recipe
- 150 g Divine chocolate, melted and cooled
- 150 g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 45 g butter, melted
- 110 g caster sugar
- 120 ml whipping cream
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 200 g cream cheese
- Handful of pistachios, crushed
- Chocolate shavings
1. Melt the butter and mix with the crushed biscuits and 1 tablespoon of the sugar
2. Press the biscuit mix into the bottom of a cake tin (around 18/20cm) and refrigerate
3. Whip the cream until it’s thick and soft peaks form
4. Add the melted, cooled chocolate to the whipped cream, then the cocoa powder and mix together
5. In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese and the remaining sugar together
6. Fold this into the chocolate mixture and mix together
7. Spread the mixture on top of the biscuit base and refrigerate for an hour (or longer, you can leave it overnight)
8. Then add toppings – “I crushed up a handful of pistachios and sprinkled on the top, with raspberries in the centre” – Harriet.
9. Sprinkle some chocolate shavings on top as a final touch!
Do you have a favourite Divine chocolate recipe? Let us know in the comments below or tweet us @wearethought!
You might also love reading about our Fairtrade Fortnight Bake Off.