Laura's Vegan Peanut Butter Curry
This delicious vegan peanut butter curry is full of plant based protein and packed with flavour. It’s easy to make with simple ingredients – why not make a bigger batch and freeze the rest for extra meals?
Laura’s Vegan Peanut Butter Curry
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1/4 cup / 4 tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 can of coconut milk (refrigerated for an hour)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 tin of cooked green lentils
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Agave syrup or maple syrup
- Fresh coriander
1. Peel the onion, garlic and ginger and blitz together in a small food processor or nutri bullet type blender (alternatively you can finely chop them).
2. Heat 1 tbsp of oil over a medium heat in a large pan. Add the garam masala and stir while it toasts for 3-4 minutes. Then add the onion, garlic and ginger paste and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes.
3. Open the can of coconut milk without shaking it. Add the peanut butter to the pan followed by the thick coconut milk from the top of the can, and just a splash of the water left in the can.
4. Combine and let it simmer while you finely slice the pepper and drain the beans and lentils.
5. Add the pepper to the pan, followed by the beans 5 minutes later.
6. Add the soy, syrup and a large bunch of fresh chopped coriander
7. Serve with rice, more veg or naan bread.
Did you cook up Laura’s Vegan Peanut Butter Curry? How did it go? Let us know how it went in the comments below or tweet us @wearethought.
You might also love reading Aimee’s Vegan Rhubarb and Ginger Muffin Recipe.