Adzuki beans have been used in Japanese skin care regimens for centuries. Powdered azduki beans are the perfect exfoliator for gently buffing away dull, dry skin and giving your face a fresh, healthy glow.
Adzuki beans contain a natural foaming agent called saponin that helps cleanse pores by absorbing excess oils, removing dead skin, unclogging pores and promoting circulation.
Inspired by the ancient Japanese beauty rituals, this homemade adzuki bean face scrub recipe I made is perfect for those with very sensitive skin or prone to acne. Using 100% natural ingredients, this simple scrub took me only a few minutes to make and left my skin feeling cleansed, soft and smooth.
Homemade adzuki bean face scrub recipe
Adapted from the natural Face Scrub
recipe by beauty expert Eve of Organic Beauty Recipes.
4 tblsp of dry organic adzuki beans.
3 tblsp of warm water.
Coffee grinder or blender.
1. Grind the adzuki beans into a fine powder using a coffee grinder or blender.
2. Sieve the adzuki bean powder to remove the biggest part of the beans if necessary.
3. Slowly add warm water to the powdered adzuki beans to make a thick paste.
4. Apply the adzuki bean scrub to a wet face and gently massage in small circles for a few minutes.
5. Rinse well using warm water and pat dry.
6. Moisturise with camellia seed oil like the Japanese women used to do!
Nutrition-wise, adzuki beans are a good source of iron, zinc, copper, potassium, magnesium, manganese, and rich in folic acid - so don't hesitate to include them in your diet too!
Ever made your own face scrub? What are your favourite natural ingredients? Let me know your ideas using #madewiththought
You may also like... Homemade Mint & Seasalt Foot Scrub