The Journey So Far
- John and his friend David are in Australia and want to combat the heat with cool, natural clothing. They make the first garments – a capsule collection of men’s shirts and beachwear made of sustainable ramie and hemp. The duo’s honest, down-to-earth personalities and sustainable sourcing was refreshing.
- Known at the time as Braintree Clothing, John took what had grown to become the beginnings of a brand to the UK. He opened pop-up shops on London’s famous Portobello Road and at Camden Lock market. With countless phone calls and hard work, a flurry of independent boutiques soon stocked the growing collection.
- After a fast period of natural growth, our first website was up and running. And with our own office and a warehouse we launched a womenswear collection and the team started to expand. Rachel joined, bringing with her a sense of wanderlust and tenacious desire to work in the fashion industry. She had been working with a small Australian brand. There she had been doing anything and everything she could to learn what it took to be part of a happy, successful business.
- Rachel started developing our collections further; pushing their creative edge. She now heads up a group of incredible people at Thought. People we’re proud to call our team. They share the same vision: that contemporary fashion and sustainability go hand-in-hand. And each season, the team craft thoughtful, contemporary pieces. Pieces that are effortless to wear and sustainably made. Pieces designed to be love-forever classics.
- A milestone year – we changed our name from Braintree Clothing to Thought. It was a natural move to reflect how we’ve grown and evolved – and to capture the essence of everything we do.
- We continue to evolve our collections. Always being mindful to make even the tiniest of tweaks to improve everything we do. Small changes really can make a big difference.