Veganuary Recipe: Sticky Glazed Roast Aubergine - Recipe from our Friend Libby Horsley
Recipe from Libby Horsley, personal trainer, foodie and friend of Thought
Whether you're vegan all year round, are taking part in Veganuary or just up for trying a no-meat dish for a change, we guarantee you'll love this delicious dinner created by Libby Horsley, featuring glazed aubergine with a winter slaw and beetroot hummus. If you like this meal and are looking for some extra cookery tips to fill your mealtimes with joy, be sure to check out Libby's Instagram - @libbyhorsley - for more tantalizing bites.
For the sticky glazed aubergine
- 1 x aubergine
- 1 x tbsp olive oil
- 1 x clove of garlic
- 1 x tbsp agave / maple syrup
- 1 x tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Halve the aubergine lengthways and score the flesh in a criss-cross pattern.
- Drizzle with olive oil and put in a warm over (around 170'C) for about 40 mins until soft and brown on top.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze with the remaining ingredients and pour on top of the aubergine before returning to the oven for 10 minutes.
For the winter vegetable slaw:
- white cabage
- red cabbage
- yogurt (any dairy free)
- crushed garlic
- salt / pepper
- lemon juice
- Finely chop or grate the above ingredients and pop into a big bowl with the dressing ingredients. The ratio you use is completely dependent on personal preference.
For the roasted beetroot hummus:
- 2 beetroot, chopped into cubes and roasted in tinfoil with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper and a sprig rosemary
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Blitz all the ingredients in a food processor and season according to taste.
- Serve all together and enjoy.