Thought team recipes: Lucinda’s light ‘n’ spicy vegan curried cauliflower soup
Here at Thought we really love food - and we know you do, too! And as we have some great cooks - and avid eaters - in the Thought team, we thought we’d share some of their go-to recipes.
These oh-so tasty dishes are tasty but quick and, best of all, sustainable in some way - either in the ingredients used or how they’re prepped.
First off, Lucinda, our marketing manager, shares a light yet punchy spiced vegan cauliflower soup.
Why it’s great: “This is one of my go-to lunch soups that’s quick to make and so good to eat,” says Lucinda. “I love the texture and the flavours (I tend to go heavy on the chilli!) and it works as a light meal on its own, as a starter or as a hearty dinner with plenty of sourdough bread on the side.”
Spiced vegan cauliflower soup
- 1 large cauliflower
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 50 grams vegan butter
- 1 vegetable stock
- 200 grams vegan cream cheese
- 1.5 tbsp curry powder
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 diced onion
- Chopped coriander, spring onion and red chilli (if you like it hot!) to garnish
1. Add the vegan butter to a saucepan and let it melt, then pop in the chopped onion and garlic and let it sweat for around 10 minutes.
2. Sprinkle in the curry powder then add around 1 litre of water and crumble in your stock cube then add your cauliflower florets and let them soften (for around 5 to 10 minutes).
3. Stir in the coconut cream and vegan cheese and make sure everything is combined, then blitz your mixture until smooth.
4. For an extra smooth finish, sieve your soup.
5. Pour into bowls and garnish with the chopped coriander, spring onion and red chilli's. Accompany with your preferred bread or have it on its own and enjoy with your favourite friends and family.