Feeling brunch this bank holiday weekend? Why not try making baked eggs in avocado, our tried-and-tested, easy vegetarian recipe that can be tailored to your taste buds.
Bank holiday brunch: our quick and easy vegetarian recipe
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
4 small eggs
2 large avocados
Chopped chives or other fresh herbs of your choice
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Chopped spring onions
Chopped tomato & basil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Slice your avocados in half and carefully remove the stones.
3. Place the halves on a baking tray and use a spoon to scrape out some of the flesh to make room for your eggs. (Make sure the hole is wide rather than deep, otherwise your egg may not cook all the way through!)
4. Crack an egg into each avocado half (you may find that the egg overflows onto the tray). Then season with salt and pepper to your taste.
5. Add any desired extra toppings.
6. Place in the middle of your preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes – or until the yolk reaches the desired consistency.
7. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve!
What did you think of our easy vegetarian recipe? Let us know in the comments below. Or tell us what you will be making this bank holiday!
You might also love reading our bank holiday movie suggestions