Thoughtful Recipe & Competition: Indian Spiced Beans
Special thanks to our friends, Rebel Recipes, for sharing this with us.
The Thought: Can you eat away the winter blues? The short answer, yes. We’re all in need of some soul food at the moment, so make sure you’re eating recipes using whole grains, legumes, fresh veggies and fruit. These ingredients are the key to maintaining your energy levels, even when sunshine derived vitamin D is dwindling.
The Feeling: Food makes us feel good, and eating nutritious nourishing food is a mood booster. This gorgeous Indian Spiced Beans recipe, exclusively provided by Rebel Recipes, is the ideal winter warmer and should do the trick.
Plus, 3 lucky budding chefs can win a hamper with all the ingredients to make it at home! Just sign up with your email in the form at the bottom of the page!
For the beans;
1 large red onion sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic sliced
1 tsp black mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp fenugreek
1 tsp coriander
5 large tomatoes sliced
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 can cannellini beans, drained
1 can chickpeas, drained
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp sea salt
For the coriander mint chutney;
6 tbsp vegan natural yogurt
1/2 fresh lemon juice
90g toasted peanuts
30g fresh coriander
20g mint leaves
1 red chilli sliced - seeds removed
2 teaspoons grated ginger
1 large garlic clove
1/2 tsp sea salt and black pepper
Plant based yogurt
- Add the oil and onion to a wide bottom pan and fry gently on a low heat for around 10 minutes until soft and browning.
- Add the garlic and spices and fry for 30 seconds more.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato ketchup to the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes until the tomatoes have softened.
- Now add the beans, chickpeas and water and cook on a low heat for10 minutes.
- Finally add the salt, black pepper and maple syrup.
- For the coriander mint chutney;
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blitz to combine.
- Top the flatbreads with the beans, chutney and optional toppings.
Enjoy! And don't forget to sign up with your email, using the form below, to be in with a chance of winning the hamper of ingredients!
the small print
- by entering this competition, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- by entering, you agree to allow thought fashion ltd to email you in the future with further competitions, news and offers.
- the promoter: thought, westgate house, 149 roman way, london n7 8xh, uk.
- the promoter reserves the right both to cancel the competition and to amend the rules where deemed necessary or to account for circumstances beyond the promoter’s control.
- the competition closes at midnight on 27/11/2022 (bst)
- entrees must be located in one of our shipping destinations to be eligible to win. visit our delivery page for more information.
- the competition is to win a hamper of ingredients for the provided recipe.
- no cash alternative will be offered and the prize is non-transferable.
- the winners will be notified by email within 1 week of closing date.
- by entering with your email address, you are agreeing to receive all marketing communications.
- if the promoter is not able to get in contact with a winner by 22/12/2022, the prize will forfeited and an alternative winner drawn.