SHOP THOUGHT >

Introducing… Thought

We’ve Changed Our Name – We Are ‘Thought’

As fashion evolves we naturally move with it. So if you’re reading this wondering where Braintree Clothing has disappeared to, welcome to our new name ‘Thought’ and our new website to www.wearethought.com.

We felt that we had changed so much since our early days and therefore we wanted a name that better fits who we are now and where we’re going. We feel that our new name encapsulates this, reflecting our philosophy about ethics and sustainability and also building on our celebrated “thoughtful clothing” message – which you, our customers have resonated with.

Though we’ve changed what we’re called, we haven’t changed anything else. We’re still the same people bringing you our much-loved contemporary, sustainable clothing.

Throughout our new journey we’ll make sure to keep you updated along the way and welcome you to our new world of ‘Thought’.

Here’s a little taster of our new Thought clothing collection this spring – we hope you like it.

Thought Clothing

Thought Clothing

Thought Clothing

12 Responses to “Introducing… Thought”

1. Alison says:

Like the new name.

Collection looks great car’nt wait to see it in full
    Keep up the good work!

2. Carol says:

A little sad to ‘Braintree’ go after all these years, but love the new name… very ‘thoughtful’.

Wishing you all every success xx

3. New name says:

Like the new bane but actually preferred your previous name. I understand your reasons and why you have done it. Good luck.

4. Inez says:

Kinda close to “Threads 4 Thought”. *scratches head*

5. Su says:

Much nicer name! Always wondered why you were called Braintree – its a town near where I live…..

6. Sheila says:

Sure does look good. Looking forward to seeing the rest. Love the company.

7. Sue says:

I don’t really like the new name as the word by itself doesn’t grab you – a bit like ‘fluff.com’. I’m sure a lot of work has gone into the change but I think something else would have been better ‘Thoughtful Clothing’ ‘Trees of thought’. Have spent over $1000 here in last 12 months so hope you don’t mind me saying this. Also the 10% discount is an insult really for regular customers. I’m feeling a bit disappointed with all of this right now.

• Hannah says:

Hi Sue,
      Thank you for commenting, we appreciate all feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you aren’t a fan of our new name. Our “thoughtful clothing” message really resonated well with our customers and you’re right in saying a lot of work has gone in to our re-brand. There has been no change in our products, we have simply re-named our business, so we do hope you continue to shop with us. We aren’t a brand that usually discounts our items at all, so our offer of 10% off was an exclusive treat.
      Have a nice day,
      Hannah

8. Bob says:

Silly new name, even sillier domain name showing you couldn’t get your new name as your domain. Despair of pointless marketeers with foolish advice. Bamboo socks will be just as good in the future so it doesn’t really matter.

• Hannah says:

Hi Bob,
      Thank you for commenting, we appreciate all feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you aren’t a fan of our new name, however our “thoughtful clothing” message really resonated well with our customers. There has been no change in our products, we have simply re-named our business, so we do hope you continue to shop with us.
      Have a nice day,
      Hannah

9. Pat says:

All intended as helpful advice. If you are describing yourself as a brand that is thoughtful probably best not to copy and paste replies to emails.
    I am sad to see the old name go. I used to live near Braintree but this brand changed the way I read the name and I liked the organic growth connotation of “tree” and the thoughtful connotation of “Brain”. It’s always difficult to embrace change when you’ve grown attached to something but I agree with the comments about marketing and the domain name.
    Still liking the products especially the bamboo socks although I still feel the cuff is too tight (I have to cut them sometimes and I’ve got skinny ankles).
    Wishing you continued success.

10. elliot says:

What a terribly pretentious name. Sorry to see the enjoyed Braintree brand set aside in the name of ‘sustainability’. It sounds like the sort of name massive board meetings with massively bored, UN-ified group-think trendies might come up with after being told to lose individual identity in favour of joining common culture/common purpose sloganeering.

No thought at all; it’s just the corp-oration orating how mindless and ‘cool’ it is. Change it back!